Nationals!

Nationals!

Postby Derek Martin » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:10 am

Just a week and half to go 'til our annual party (that usually involves some sailing earlier in the day) up in the great state or Oregon and the warm and friendly confines of Eugene YC. According to Lyle, 24 boats and counting with Paul Follensbee and crew winning the title of "Farthest Traveled" by coming out all the way from Maine. Yes, that's right - MAINE!

Can't wait to reconnect with friends and enjoy some fantastic racing!

Derek

Derek Martin
#926 "Gratitude"
Dana Point YC
Derek Martin

Re: Nationals!

Postby LeeBitts » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:38 pm

I am a member of the "Maine" team. Bottom line is on the race course we got our butts kicked. On the social side, and the I love my Santana 20 side I certainly came out ahead. Typically the wind on our lake in Maine is light. We raced tonight with winds at 18 knots steady gusts over 22. Prior to going to Eugene, I'd have not flown the spinnaker in that air. Did it tonight with out issue. It was great!! I've wanted to make the spinnaker "just another sail" I think I am getting close.

Huge kudos to Kevin and Kelley Dickey for letting us use Spy. Thank you much!

Charlie Perry
LeeBitts 438
LeeBitts

Postby Derek Martin » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:56 pm

You guys did great, and before you all left we started calling you "The Maine-iacs". Thanks for making the trip out!
Derek Martin

Postby LeeBitts » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:28 am

We were main iacs before, hmmm even though I live in New Hampshire
LeeBitts

Postby Disaster Area » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:48 pm

Fleet 19 put on a great event! The racing was challenging at times but a fun venue and great people. Thanks Lyle and the Nationals organizing team and to Gordon for the very cool trophies.

The Nationals perpetual will be heading down to San Diego again and be at one of two clubs (SWYC or MBYC, if they let me in). Just a quick trip up the freeway to Long Beach for next year's event.

Chris
DA GBR-138
Disaster Area

Return to General