Moving to Hawaii

Moving to Hawaii

Postby rickgilstrap » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:44 am

Just a note to anyone that cares.

Zoe and I will be moving to Oahu in March. We are both retiring at the end of February. I have to sale the Chicken Boat 551. I think the wind would be a little much for us. Considering how bad the Cascade Locks kicked my ass.

We have rented a large 550 sq.ft. cottage close to the beach. They will let us keep our dog which is big for us.
I've signed up on the Honolulu Yacht Club crew list and will need to update when we get there. If anyone knows of a boat over there let us know.

The Santana is for sale as I said and at The Sailing Center in Eugene with Ron and Leanne. They are trying really hard to get it sold before the Natty.
Someone can get a great price on a new deck boat that has been totally rebuilt. Keel and rudder fared and Teflon epoxy bottom.

As always, I will follow all the great racing on our S20 web page.

Thanks
Rick and Zoe Gilstrap
Chicken Boat 551
rickgilstrap

Re: Moving to Hawaii

Postby Derek Martin » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:27 am

Well, if you're gonna be leaving Eugene and selling "Chicken Boat", I guess moving to Hawaii is as good an excuse as any . . .

Sounds great for you guys, and Lord knows you guys have earned a place in sun right on the beach (especially with room for the BIG dog).

Congrats on the upcoming retirement. SWA is planning on flying to Hawaii late 2012-early 2013. Going sailing with you guys in Hawaii would be the mother of all overnights!

Derek

Derek Martin
#926 / "Gratitude"
Mission Bay YC
San Diego
Derek Martin

Return to General