- The Santana Class is very lucky to have so many world class level
sailors. As a member of the class you get a Class Yearbook
with access to the membership list. This is important because
this class is known for exceptional support given by the more
knowledgeable sailors to the class newcomers. Being a class member
gives you the opportunity to meet these sailors. From Tom Schock,
our boat builder to renown sailing instructors like Andrew Kerr, or
past and present class champions, you will get the help that you
need to go faster and be a better sailor. And everyone is
approachable. By knowing who's in the class and having the ability
to get in touch with the other members, and giving them the ability
to get in touch with you, you will find yourself already a step
ahead in your racing campaign.
- Part of the benefits of membership is the Class Newsletter.
Published several times a year, tips and techniques as well as news
of regattas and special events are regular features of the
newsletter. Just the technical tips alone are immeasurable and most
of these are not discussed in great detail on the bulletin board.
- If you think you are in touch with the class goings-on just by
checking out the Bulletin Board, you may be surprised that another
layer of communications occur for members only.
- Top level one-design competition occurs at class sanctioned
National and Regional events where Class Membership is required.
- You will have the chance to participate in special events such as
"racing clinics" which are conducted regularly each
year at various locations. Membership allows us to notify you since
we will have your contact information.
- Members get a vote at the
Annual Meeting which allow you to
participate in making competition fair and just in this one-design
- Members learn about sailmaker group purchase discounts
which can reduce the price of a suit of sails for your boat.
- Remember: Unless you are a member, we do not have the easy ability
to get in touch with you.
- In summary, membership in this class gives you more tools to be a
better sailor. Whether you belong to an area with an active fleet,
or you are the only Santana 20 Sailor in your harbor, you will
benefit directly from being a member.
What You Support
- When you join this class, your membership dues support the
activities that actively promote this class. This website, the
newsletter, national advertising are examples of specific things
that add new Santana 20 sailors and this is key to the success of
this boat and your racing enjoyment. If you have benefited from
these activities in the past, we ask that you continue to support
the class so that you and others may continue to gain from the
experience of owning a Santana 20.
- When you bought your Santana 20 boat, you will have found yourself
being helped by many other sailors who own a Santana 20. Each one of
these sailors, and especially the people who contribute their time
and effort for the benefit of the national class association and the
local fleets such as the officers, fleet captains and directors,
have the goal of improving the racing in the class by having more
boats and more events. All that these people ask is that you
contribute your share to help achieve these goals and in the end, it
benefits you as well.